Sunday 15 January 2012

The 7 day hot water challenge...

Cold water is bad for you! Or at least according to the Chinese...

In China, hot water is the key to healthy living. Drinking hot water aids in digestion, gives energy and prevents heart attacks. If you fall ill, it's because you haven't been drinking enough hot water, if you get a pimple, it's because you haven't been drinking enough hot water. In fact any pain or illness can be resolved by drinking hot water. For months now I have dismissed this idea that hot water is some magical medicine as nothing more than another 'crazy Chinese idea'. But should I have been so dismissive? 

After recent conversations with several Western friends who claim to feel far more energised and 'healthy' after giving up their cold water addictions, I have decided to give it a fair chance and take on the 7 day hot water challenge!

For the next 7 days, no cold drinks will hit my belly. I will be drinking at least 1 litre of hot water everyday and where possible, I will avoid cold food (also not good for you). I will of course be blogging daily to let you know of my progress and how this ancient Chinese medicine effects my energy levels and mood. This may not be an accurate experimentation with many outside factors effecting the results, but it will be interesting none the less. 

So here we go, it's Monday and it's day 1 of the hot water challenge... wish me luck!

1 comment: