Thursday 6 October 2011

What have I done?


3rd October 2011

As I sit here in Dubai, waiting for my connecting flight, I can’t help but think… What have I done?
Many have said over the past few months, how brave it is to be venturing off, completely alone, to a country so very different than my own. To be honest, I’m beginning to see their point…
I’m petrified.

I left this morning in a state of shock. Nauseas, shaking and in tears… It’s been emotional to say the least. Leaving my friends and family has been incredibly tough. But to leave the girl? It has broken my heart.

Now though, I can only look forward to what lies ahead, I have to… But it is all very blurry. A new language, a new culture, a new job, new food, new home, new people… China!! All the planning in the world couldn’t have prepared me for what I am about to experience…

So, here I will sit, and here I may cry, shake and feel sick… But one thing I have learnt is that sometimes, if you can get through the really, really tough times, you get to experience some of the most incredible times of your life.

After all, isn’t that what living is all about?

Jema

No comments:

Post a Comment